Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Funk's Rope-a-Dope

I recently bought Garfunkel a box of bully sticks from All Natural Bully Sticks (50 for $77 - a STEAL!!!!!!) and while shopping on their site, splurged and bought a large sweet potato chew, too. The Funk loves all things sweet potato so I thought this sucker would provide oodles of entertainment and nutritional snacking time. New toys and treats always burn a hole in my pocket, though, so I wound up giving Garfunkel the chew on Tuesday night.

Look at the thing! It's HUGE!!! Should last a while, right?



Well, it turns out that Garfunkel is the proverbial 'get-him-an-awesome-gift-and-he'd-rather-play-with-the-box' kind of guy - he bypassed all the sweet potato rings and went straight to gnawing on the rope knot at the end of the string.


Here he is, completely ignoring the sweet potato portions of the chew and focusing intently on unknotting and demolishing the rope.


Look at this!!! He completely de-strung the chew and ATE the entire rope!



Of course, we saved all the sweet potato rings for later use... But the original intent of the chew toy was completely lost. That was the most expensive one-night-only rope toy I've ever bought.

0 comments: