Well, for all the hullabaloo I made about Public Enemies you'd think I'd have managed to see it before last Saturday night. But, I didn't. I think Robert got burned so badly when I dragged him to Troy (he thought the fight scenes might make up for the fact that it was a Brad Pitt movie - they didn't) that I don't think he was too keen to hop in the car and see Public Enemies in the theater. (Which is actually okay. I must have had extenuating circumstances that made missing it okay at the time because let me assure you - if I had REALLY wanted to see the hot men on the big screen, we would most definitely have seen them on the big screen! Moving on...)
Where was I? Oh, yes - Public Enemies. Well, Robert and I Netflix'd it last weekend and I have to say I was mightily disappointed. Christian Bale + Johnny Depp + hot period clothes + respected director (Michael Mann)? Should've been a HUGE win!! But no. It was a slow, boring, somewhat nonsensical mess. In fact, the 10 minute 'making of' featurette was much more informative and interesting than the 2-hour movie so that tells you something right there. And my crushing disappointment got me to thinking: Most movies with more than 1 Hot Man are crap. The aforementioned Troy? Disaster. Velvet Goldmine? Unwatchable. Terminator Salvation? Cockapoops. How can this be?! It's cruel. Cruel, I tell you!! It's like the old 'two good-looking people make ugly children' rule* - too many hot men in a movie dissolves the plot. Such a drag!!
* There are always exceptions to such rules. For instance, Halle Barry and Gabriel Aubry's daughter is gorgeous. And The Prestige was a good movie despite featuring both Christian Bale and Hugh Jackman in leading roles. (Though Hugh's creepy facial hair in the movie sort of dampened the hotness. Maybe Enemies would've been better if Johnny had sported his weird porn 'stache throughout more of the film... )
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment