Well, you can pretty much refer to last year's wrap-up post and you'll get a feel for how I felt about last night's ceremony. It was long. It was boring (though I liked Steve and Alec as hosts well enough. They weren't super hilarious but they did make me chuckle here and there). There was no prospect of hot men. And I lost the RHI pool AGAIN. I came in third. THIRD!!!! It was my poorest showing in recent memory. So poor, in fact, that I'm not even going to waste my time scanning and uploading the scored ballot. I missed nine categories!! (And no, not because I picked Avatar for everything. In fact, I only picked Avatar for 4 categories, 3 of which it actually won. I have some skill, people.) Disgraceful!!!! Seriously. And many of my misses really stung because there were several categories where I waffled between two options and picked the one that didn't win. Annoying! Next year I should just close my eyes and throw darts.
Since I am typing this up during my 'official' break time, it's going to be short and sweet. Here are a few good links to tide you over in lieu of my biting commentary:
MSN Best and Worst
Television Without Pity Best and Worst
Thank you, TWoP. In their very first slide they said "...we still held out hope that there'd be one or two big upsets somewhere. And we suppose there were -- in Best Foreign Language film (El Secreto de Sus Ojos beat The White Ribbon) and Best Adapted Screenplay (Precious over the expected Up in the Air)." THANK YOU! A small slice of vindi-cay-shee-own. (That would be 'vindication' in non-King of Queens speak.) I think Maria* thought I was a wackaloon because I picked Up in the Air for Best Adapted Screenplay but I'm telling you - the thing was a lock according to every major media outlet!!! And The White Ribbon was supposed to win a couple of awards, not totally flame out! Very upsetting. Why oh why oh why do I bother to do any research at all. I am my own worst enemy.
EW.com's 16 Best Oscar Moments
* Maria was kind enough to come over and watch the Oscars with me while Robert is out of town. It's no fun shouting at stupid, ugly and/or boring people on TV alone! So it was nice to have company. :o) Plus, she thought the same stuff was boring as I did so I didn't have to sit through the boring writing categories this year (Robert!).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment