Monday, August 25, 2008

UPDATE: TV Tidbits 27 - Dancing with the Stars

08/21/08 Original Post:
I don't watch this show anymore - I quit a couple seasons ago.
SYTYCD is so much better!! - but I am always interested in what "stars" are lined up each season. I realize that a lot of D-list celebs view a slot on the show as a way to get back into the public eye and restart their fledgling careers but it still somehow reeks of desperation on their part to me. Doesn't it? Plus, any show that reignites Mullet Goo's career so that now his cheesy grin and man-whorey face are constantly shoved down my throat is not so hot in my book!

The upcoming season's cast won't be officially revealed until Monday morning (the 25th) on Good Morning America but Gossip Sauce supposedly has the scoop a few days early. Take their list with a grain of salt but here's who they have listed as season 7's participants:

Kim Kardashian: This is a stretch if I ever saw one!!! The woman is best known for an E! reality show, her huge rump and a supposed sex tape with Brandy's little brother. Seriously? This isn't even D-list...

Lance Bass: Figures. DWTS always has a boy band contestant but 'N Sync has already been represeted. As has New Kids and 98 Degrees. They need a Backstreet Boy! Get the one that is a "former member"!

Toni Braxton: Not a favorite of mine - I don't dig chick singers. Plus, she named her kids Denim and Diezel.

Brooke Burke: She of E!'s Wild On! series. I'm sorry - I thought we already had our E! representation this season. Isn't there a 1 person per network quota at DWTS?! There should be. And doesn't she make enough money from her baboosh baby crap to not need a dancing paycheck?

Maurice Greene: I don't know who this is. Quick Wikipedia check... ah. He's a sprinter. Whee.

Cody Linley: Again, I don't know who this is! Mystery solved - he's from Hannah Montana. Joy. Does ABC have to have so many people from the ABC 'family'???

Susan Lucci: Well, Kelly Monaco was from General Hospital so I guess they needed someone from another ABC soap. Maybe they should've gotten someone hot... I'm just saying.

Warren Sapp: I'm going to guess athlete. Yes. Footballer.

Misty May-Treanor: She just won a gold medal. Does she really need to be on this type of show? Really? I guess volleyball endorsements aren't super lucrative. And don't we have enough athletes this season?

Ted McGinley: No, no, no, no, no, no, no. Does ABC really the patron saint of Jump the Shark on one of their most popular programs?!

Mark McGrath: Sucks to be you, man. Mullet Goo just booted you from your job hosting Extra so now you have to come crawling to the show that made that possible? Bummer.

Cloris Leachman: You know times are tough when the most decorated female Emmy-winner has to twirl around in fringe for her livelihood. Plus, the woman is 82 years old!!! I don't see her keeping up once the show hits 'jive' week...

Jeff Ross: Who?!!!!! Good grief, people, I have no clue. Apparently, this guy is a comedian but woof. At least get Carrot Top - I've heard of him. And he definitely needs the funds to keep his 'roids flowing...

Again, I have no idea how accurate this list is - it seems a bit athlete-heavy to me. Only 4 more days 'til we know for sure!!! Bleh. (Oh, and FYI: the season premiere is September 22nd.)

UPDATE: All right, people, today's the day. And the actual group of "stars" for this season are... everyone listed above, save one. I'm actually really surprised - I can't believe Gossip Sauce was so right-on!! And I can't believe there are so many stinking athletes. And Jeff Ross. Anyway, the only person Gossip Sauce got wrong is Mark McGrath; turns out, the 13th contestant will instead be celebrity chef Rocco DiSpirito. Which I guess makes sense because Sugar Ray is working on a new album and, gosh, can you really expect Mark to handle both fake dancing and promoting an album that no one is going to buy at the same time?! I think not.

0 comments: