Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Random Round-Up 18

The first official still from I Love You Phillip Morris was released on Jim Carrey's site earlier this week. Normally I could not care less about an upcoming Jim Carrey project... but this one stars #2 on my Freebie Five list, hot hunk of man flesh Ewan McGregor. Yaaaay! Though I must say that he's not looking too sexy in this photo (which does not bode well for the movie!). I posted about the movie back in April and I must admit that my interest level in the "Catch Me If You Can meets Brokeback Mountain" movie hasn't increased after seeing this photo. Or reading more about it. But who am I kidding? I sat through Down with Love, The Island and Miss Potter. I'll probably sit through this, too.
_____________________________

If you have time, take a gander at LatinoReview.com's piece Celebrating the Hairstyles of Nicolas Cage. I'm always a sucker for bits on Nic's "hair" (as is evidenced by one of my earliest posts). It's hard for me to pick my favorite but I might go with

Raising Arizona (1987)



I think it's at this point in Cage's career when the top of his head started to take a life of its own and begin shedding like a snake. I'm imagining Nicolas Cage in the shower, bent over as he's pulling out long strands of hair. Sort of like the scene with Christine Taylor in The Craft when she starts to go bald from the curse the girls put on her.
______________________________

If you have any interest whatsoever in reading a (rough draft of) the first chapter of Stephenie Meyer's Midnight Sun, you can check it out here. (For the uniformed [like me!] Sun is a retelling of Twilight from Edward's perspective. Woo. Hoo. It's still being written so God only knows when the final masterpiece will be bestowed upon us.)

_____________________________


Hmm... somehow I don't think this is a legitimate ad for Heinz ketchup. You?


1 comments:

Robert said...

My favorite line from the Nicolas Cage article:

"Somewhere on a ranch in Montana, a horse cries silently when it wakes up and realizes its tail has been removed so it can be used as an accessory on Nicolas Cage's head."

Hilarious!