Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Twipcomics

I really abhor just about anything Twitter-related but a couple things on this site, unfortunately, struck a chord with me. I found Twipcomics' site via EW.com and yesterday's image caught my eye:

“What does Gene Shalit wear when he needs to comically disguise himself?”

Read Nick’s Twitter feed at @nick


I thought it was pretty cute. But then as I scrolled through previous entries, many of which were not impressing me much, I came across this:

“I routinely forget the name of anyone who can help my career. And yet, I know Lamar’s rap from ‘Revenge of the Nerds’ in its entirety.”

Read Christian’s Twitter feed at @ChristFinnegan


And I started giggling and thought "Me, too!" It's true. My brain is FULL of all sorts of useless information!!! As many of you can attest. :o) How much more I would know about important things like current events if I didn't remember things like D.J. and Stephanie Tanners' middle names (Answer? Margaret and Judith, respectively. [The 'J' in D.J. isn't her middle name - her full name is Donna Jo Margaret. Look it up!]) Oh, and if you've never seen Lamar's rap from Revenge of the Nerds, check it out:




UPDATE: Okay, in scrolling even further the entries have gotten noticeably better. Here are a few more good ones:

“Is there anything in this world as repulsive as the naked male body? What the hell is wrong with you, women/gay dudes??”

Read Christian’s Twitter feed at @ChristFinnegan


“Wife back from Costco. I think her feminine hygiene needs are covered until menopause.”

Read Rafael’s Twitter feed at @rafitorres


“My car smells like farts. I am alone in my car. I did not fart. And so begins the worst slasher film ever.”

Read Jason’s Twitter feed at @sween


“That early workout I planned ended up consisting of me rolling over and turning off the alarm. My left arm is now .00000000001% stronger.”

Read Paul’s Twitter feed at @paulfeig


“If they had twitter in 1865. HonestAbe: i declare, this ‘our american cousin’ is a hoot. hang on, some1’s at the door.”

Read Eric’s Twitter feed at @EricWilliams1

0 comments: