Luckily for me, Ewan has started making the festival rounds to promote The Men Who Stare at Goats. (Yeah, George Clooney's in it, too, but he's never done anything for me. Sorry.) The film is based on the book of the same name and stars Ewan as a reporter investigating a "top secret unit within the American military whose purpose is to develop mind-control powers for 'psychic spying.'" I'm never a huge fan of Ewan's American accent - though it could definitely be worse - and the plot sounds pretty iffy on paper. But the trailer actually looks kind of funny... And even though Robert and I are the only people on Earth who didn't love Jeff Bridges as The Big Lebowski, I am always oddly drawn to Jeff Bridges' movies. He's a cutie.
Anyhoo, check out the trailer and see if you agree that it makes the movie seem at least a little bit more interesting than you thought it was going to be:
I also snagged some photos of Ewan at the Venice Film Festival. Admittedly they are not his best - but a less-than-his-best Ewan is still a lot better than many other actors in my opinion. ;o)
0 comments:
Post a Comment