Sunday, September 27, 2009

Barry!

Garfunkel had a rough weekend. First, a dog picked a fight with him at the dog park on Saturday morning. The Funk came home quite muddy... though I could only get a shot of his head:

The dog in question had already gotten into a fight with another dog during the time Robert and Garfunkel were at the park before he set his sights on The Funk. Bully!

Then, it was 83 degrees in the condo at the height of the day and Garfunkel took to the bathroom floor to find some cool linoleum:


And THEN the worst - Garfunkel devoured poor Barry the Bear's head! Oh. I think Robert thought I was a huge wackaloon because I was quite distraught over Barry's demise. What can I say? I get overly attached to inanimate objects. Sue me! (I would be just as distressed even if I didn't name all of Garfunkel's toys, I assure you.) Ol' Barry has been with us since the beginning and I had foolishly convinced myself that he might make it for the long haul. It was not to be. :o(

Here's Robert with Barry's nose in his left hand and the stuffing from Barry's head in his right:


Here's Garfunkel showing no remorse whatsoever and playing with Barry's nearly decapitated body:

(Oh, and the brown thready-y looking thing under Garfunkel's arms? A piece of Miles.)

Finally, here's Barry's empty, faceless noggin. It's just so sad! Oh.

R.I.P. Barry. You were our favorite toy. Thanks for toughing it out these past 6 months. You will be sorely missed.

0 comments: