Anyway, in honor of Vermont permitting same-sex couples to marry as of today, Ben & Jerry's has temporarily renamed "Chubby Hubby" to "Hubby Hubby" for 30 days. See?

I saw this posted on Dlisted and I thought it was a joke. I don't know Ben & Jerry's flavors super well (I am boring and stick with either Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough or Stephen Colbert's AmeriCone Dream) so I don't know what's in Chubby Hubby. When I read the description, "Fudge Covered Peanut Butter Filled Pretzels in Vanilla Malt Ice Cream Rippled with Fudge & Peanut Butter," I thought for sure it was a joke. Peanut butter filled pretzels? Covered in fudge?!! Pardon my bluntness but it sounded like a classic anal sex joke to me! But nope. Those are the actual ingredients, be it labeled Chubby Hubby or Hubby Hubby. Whoa. My mind is clearly firmly ensconced in the gutter. I type here ashamed.
(P.S. Ice cream with the official Hubby Hubby label will be available only in Vermont at Ben & Jerry's shops - regular Chubby Hubby tubs will continue to be sold across the rest of the country due to distribution challenges. Just FYI.)

0 comments:
Post a Comment