[I didn't take any photos but this one. Sorry. I wish I'd gotten a photo of the best moment of the day - the moment Robert unwrapped the foil from his plate of beef kabob (foil his mother had thoughtfully placed over his plate as it lay outside, abandoned, while Robert played with the dog) and a big fly flew out. The look on his face was PRICELESS!!! You've never seen a more pained and conflicted face than the one Robert had. He was really quite distressed to dispose of his steak. Quite.]
Wednesday, April 22, 2009
Bob's Birthday
It was Bob's birthday on Sunday and, as you can see by his crown, the day was all about him. Carmen hosted a lovely barbecue for Bob and Robert grilled up some delicious shish kabobs. A few friends and family came over and played a (somewhat) rousing game of beer pong (!) in between trying to keep Garfunkel from eating the ping pong balls. (He didn't eat a single one. :o) ) The Funk actually did very well in his first large social gathering - he seemed to warm to just about everyone and only barked at 3 guys. He even warmed up to them after a while... the dog is quite a Pup-peroni whore. All in all it was a nice way to spend a leisurely Sunday afternoon (I just wish it hadn't been so hot! I was melting). Happy birthday, Bob!
Janet (giver of the crown) and Bob
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Lauren,
Thanks for the posting of Bob's birthday. He loved every minute of his day, and between you and me and everyone else who reads this, the crown is going to disappear by next birthday ...
Carmen
Post a Comment