Monday, December 01, 2008

Thanksgiving

This year Robert and I did what we usually do each Thanksgiving and that is to split up the day between our families. I head over to the McCauleys' in the afternoon, hang out until they eat and then head over to my parents' place. I have dinner with my family, Robert has dinner with his and then he heads over to Casa de Kimball for dessert. It's worked out well for us in the past so why fix something that's not broken? Still, I think this year was better than most as I feel like I got to spend a good amount of time with both families and enjoyed myself quite thoroughly at each house. It's nice that our families live so close that we don't have to choose or alternate families each year!!

First: The McCauleys'.




Nobody really wanted to cook - and I don't blame them - so Carmen bought one of those ready-made dinners from Raley's. Ready-made?! Really?!! Yeah, not so much. The above is the set of instructions that came with the meal and poor Carmen was still in the kitchen cooking almost all day. Yeah, Raley's chopped up the stuff but that's about it. What a drag!


Left to right we have:
- Front row: Bob, Rosie, Lali and John
- Back row: Lauren, Maria, Carmen & Robert
(Jose is taking the picture...)


Next: The Kimballs'.

My family is not particularly thrilled with having their photo taken so I don't really have any pictures of my family. Whoops. All I got are a few shots of Robert getting his hand shoved into the turkey against his will.



I guess I'll have to try and snag some Kimball photos surreptitiously at Christmas...

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice pictures, but I'd stay away from Robert. He doesn't look safe to be near with a hand freshly out of a turkey ....