Christina came to town for Thanksgiving this year and invited Robert and I over to celebrate a belated Thanksgiving with her and her family on Saturday. It's always great fun to catch up with Christina (and her parents - I love them!) and since Emily and Paul came, too, it was even better. We had a great night just eating, talking and playing games*... I look forward to seeing them all again at Christmas. :o) (Well, Emily and Paul I'm sure we'll see sooner but you know what I mean.)
We had to Rock Band it up, of course. Robert hates packing up the drums and dragging them along but Chrissie had never played Rock Band before and it's always more fun to play with a full band. I believe we were called ToneMunch. I think we were supposed to be the Tone Munchkins but it took Christina too long... ;o) Besides, not everyone present was a munchkin.
Chrissie couldn't handle the foot pedal her first time out at the drum kit so she had Emily do it for her.
Emily sang!!! Black is white! Up is down! (I was very happy we were finally able to persuade Em to sing.)
I just like Christina's face when she plays... hee!
Robert shot a couple short videos of Christina singing and they are hilarious! As Robert said "I could listen to her sing all day." It's true. She is such a good sport and really gives her all but - hooboy! - she's not the greatest. (Love you, Christina!) She is a kick, though.(It's too bad we didn't get any footage of her singing the Beastie Boys' "Sabotage" because it was the best. I've never heard anyone sound so happy singing "Listen all y'all! It's a SAB-o-tage!" Too funny. Plus, she said migraine instead of mirage, which I thought was hysterical.)
* The low point of the evening was when Christina screwed Emily out of her rightful victory at Disney's Scene It! You guys who were there know it's true... ;o)
2 comments:
Will we be seeing any CD's from the Tone Munch or Tone Munchkins anytime soon? If you decide to make a video, I would like to volunteer as one of your back-up dancers :)
Uhhh... I think not. As much as WE enjoyed our music, I think most other people (and dogs) would not. ;o) I'll keep you in mind for dancer duty, though...
Post a Comment