Friday, July 25, 2008

Recital Photos

There was a treat waiting for me on my doorstep when I got home Wednesday night - my Lifetouch dance photos had at last arrived!!!! Weehoo! These suckers were not cheap, either; in fact, each photo was $20+! In all previous years, we were able to purchase the 8x10s separate from the packages and we paid ONLY the cost of the photo - about $12. This year Lifetouch got pissy and charged us for the sitting fee, as well, for each photo. Which sucked. In fact, I was one of only 3 people that actually bought the photos (it's a good thing no one knew how much they cost before arriving at the sitting... otherwise, I don't think anyone would've shown up!). Most pooled their money and went in on one package and then designated one person as the scanner - they were in charge of scanning the finished product and e-mailing it to everyone. I am a snob, I guess; I wanted a good-quality photo. So I shelled out the big bucks and got these beYOUteeful pictures (you can detect the sarcasm I hope). I don't think you guys were able to appreciate the gloriousness that was my costumes from the tiny video uploads so here's your chance to check'em out up close!

This, obviously, is my Pink Lady ensemble, complete with cat-eye glasses and neck scarf. It's too bad you can't see that we are, in fact, Pink Ladies but oh well. Fortunately, you also can't see the 452 fist-sized crystals adorning the jackets so... ;o) Oh, just in case - I am the second from the right in the front row. You can't see it but I have a pink ribbon in my hair. Awww....

Robert's favorite picture Hound Dog; my mom and I MUCH prefer this photo. I actually don't think I look too bad, which is saying a lot! [I'm third from the left in the front row.] The feather-and-pipe cleaner tiaras we're wearing are meant to represent the sun. I had no idea. Actually, no one in the class did; the ladies that made our costumes for us (first and second from the right in the front row) explained it to us when they heard one of us trash-talking the tiara at the dress rehearsal. Whoops. Still, it was nice of the women to make our costumes for us - they either made or bought everything but the pants for both dances and they did it for only $45 per person. For both costumes! That's pretty good.

You, like my mom, may be thinking I'm the youngest person in the class and I almost am. My friend, Beatriz, is actually 2 years younger than me but she flaked and didn't make it to the session. (Spazzy Man didn't, either - bummer.) There are a few ladies in their 30s in the class but Beatriz and I are the only twentysomethings in the class. But that just means we look that much better! ;o) There's a method to our madness, you see...

0 comments: