Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Random Round-Up 10


George Michael Reuniting with Andrew Ridgeley???

Oh!!! I'm jealous!! I'm going to start collecting for the "Help Send Lauren to London" fund imminently, so keep on the lookout!!! I didn't get there to catch Ewan on stage in Guys and Dolls a few years back but Wham! is a different story... They'll never be together again! Mew. My thirst to see one of my favorite 80s bands live will never be quenched. (The Smiths are my last hope but considering Morrissey would rather eat his own balls than reunite, I'd say the chances are slim to none. Given that he's a vegetarian and all.) Now I'll never get to hear 'A Different Corner' the way it should truly be heard. Boo. How will I sleep tonight? Not very well, I can tell you that.
_______________________________________________

The Cheesecake Factory's 30th anniversary is tomorrow - and to celebrate their restaurants will be selling cheesecake for only $1.50/slice. The limit is one per person but still - YUM!
_______________________________________


This is a 'Natural Celebrity Redhead' quiz from Ayyyy! See how many you can pick out... the answers will be posted tomorrow, so I'll update this post then, too. Should you care to take a gander at my guesses, I'll include them in the comments section.
__________________________________________

Robert and I are a wee bit behind jumping on the Harry Potter train... we just finished the third movie last weekend. And we haven't read any of the books. (Though I have procured the first three from my mom. I also have to start the Twilight series... gah! I'll have three books working plus my two weekly magazines. Too much reading! Stressful.) I always thought I'd like the series but I also knew that once I started it I wouldn't be able to stop until it was done and that it would require a lot of dedication. (I'm sure my understanding and appreciation of the plot lines is somewhat tainted by viewing the movies prior to reading the books but oh well. Too late.) I am definitely someone who thinks too much while watching a movie or TV show or reading a book - I tend to make things more complicated than they need to be. Ask Robert. It drives him nuts. I'm never content to blindly accept something that is put forth; I always want to understand the why behind it (or else I think I'm missing something). It is quite annoying. (The only reason Robert and I even started the series now is that we had a couple of free hours while at Andy's during our recent Chicago visit. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone was one DVD we could agree on.) ANYWAY, the point of my babbling is that now that my interest in the series has finally been piqued I am more aware of articles about it. As such, when I came across this article on the new trailer that debuts tonight I thought I should share it in case any of you also enjoy all things Potter. (I don't really understand why the glimpse of Tom Riddle in the trailer is such a big deal - we already saw the character in the second film. But I'm willing to take the article's word for it! I'll post the trailer sometime tomorrow...)

1 comments:

Lauren said...

First off, no Cynthia Nixon or Gillian Anderson - they're natural blondes. SO... here I go:

1.
2. Tilda Swinton
3. Julianne Moore
4. Susan Sarandon
5. Rose McGowan
6. Lindsay Lohan
7.
8. Kathy Griffin
9. Marg Helgenberger
10. Bryce Dallas Howard

I'm not confident in #s 5 and 9 at all, but I think I'm OK with all the others. Nicole Kidman, Amy Adams, and Marcia Cross are the only other redheads I can think of at the moment (and does Kidman really count? She's like a strawberry blonde or something, right?), but none of the other hairdos look like any of those ladies. Hmmm.