The point of my sick rambling, you may ask? Well, Robert told me Tuesday night that, while he would like to have planned something for this coming weekend to celebrate my birthday, schedules being what they are meant that we would be celebrating next weekend instead. I was bummed but glad he told me in advance ... if I'd been thinking all week long, (as I undoubtedly would), that I was going to have some fantastical party only to come up with bupkus, I would indeed have been a wee bit miffed. Just a wee bit. :o) Fast forward to Wednesday night, when I was miserable and feeling generally rotten, and I said to Robert "I am so glad we're not doing anything for my birthday this weekend - I feel awful!" His response? Giant, unblinking saucer-eyes and a look that clearly stated I'd ruined a 4th surprise. SCORE! I don't know what's planned but I do wish I would quit ruining things for myself!!!!! I suck! Mew.
The only good thing about this week is that I did feel better on Tuesday and was able to celebrate my big day to its fullest, complete with birthday singing and lots of presents. Actually, maybe I was unwell ... I never let restaurant people sing Happy Birthday!! It did make me feel more birthday-ish, though, so it wasn't a bad thing after all.
0 comments:
Post a Comment