Thursday, August 04, 2011

Disneyland!

Robert and I weren't planning on doing anything for our anniversary this year but at the last minute Robert decided that just wasn't going to cut it so he planned a quick trip down to Disneyland. Yay! We hadn't been to the Happiest Place on Earth since our Christmas trip with the Blackards back in '09 and a quick getaway was just what we needed. (Robert especially - he'd been working crazy hours for several weeks.)

We stopped in Westwood on the way down to grab some dinner at Jerry's (though Robert didn't get any pickles this time) and take a quick spin around UCLA. For some reason there were still lots of kids on campus and they looked young. Very, very young.  Robert and I felt very, very old. :o(  Even older when we realized we started college 13 years ago. Meeeeeeeeeeeeeew. We marveled over the new construction on campus and remembered how much fun we had there before time forced us to hop back in the car and finish the trip to Buena Park.

Robert purchased our tickets online but he wasn't about to take a chance and have the park close like it did the last time we visited so we made sure we got there bright and early. Which actually worked out really well because I didn't have to worry about Robert's head exploding... or so I thought. The man is the most competitive tram-rider EVER! It's ridiculous. But he mellowed out once we got our physical tickets and walked into the park and we had a fantastic time. There were some definite hiccups - it was hotter than Satan's balls, there were 400 million people, the Matterhorn was completely out of commission both days and both Space Mountain and Indiana Jones were down periodically throughout the entire trip - but because we were there for two days, we had the freedom to wait in line and get to everything. (We got a chance to see the fireworks, the parade and Fantasmic, which neither of us had seen before. It was great!) Without a doubt the line for Star Tours was the worst but we did wind up snagging a FastPass and riding it at the end of the first day. Of course, for those of us with motion sickness it wasn't the wisest decision to ride it and it was actually quite serendipitous that it was the final ride of the day. But! We had a wonderful time and I'm so very glad we made the decision to take a few days to get away from home. :o)

Breakfast at the Carnation Cafe on Main Street.

My delicious Mickey Head waffle.

Robert haaad to have his corn dog, of course. Not that I blame him - I had my cocoa and pretzel, too!

He was very, very...

very excited. :o)
See the 'Happy Anniversary' pin? We wore those the second day. Super cute but I had no idea every park employee had to wish us a happy anniversary upon seeing it. I was proud of me, though - I still wore it the entire day.

2 comments:

S Drinkerman said...

That Mickey Head Waffle is really cool!

BTW, how hot do you suppose Satan's balls are, compared to his other body parts?

Lauren said...

The Mickey Head waffle was cool! And it actually tasted good, which sort of surprised me. Though trying to butter the thing was a pain in the neck.

And Satan's balls are at least 5-10 degrees warmer than the rest of his body parts, no question. I was wondering if anyone would notice that little phraseology... I should've known you would! :o)