This is Ludo; he's the eldest of the dogs we have, around 5 or 6 years old. He's always been the mellowest dog and is just a sweetheart. Recently, a family friend of one of the seniors expressed interest in him and brought him home for a couple of weekends. Apparently, the home visits went well and I think Ludo is thisclose to finding his forever home. YAY!!!
This is Foxy. She's our only girl and only little dog. She's definitely going to be adopted by one of my fellow firsties and we're all so excited for them both! Foxy (soon to be Ruby) is so shy and docile compared to all the big guys and she is definitely happiest in someone's lap. Here she is trying to help Lydia study for Micro:
And this is Popcorn. He's the youngest of the poops - he's not quite a year old yet - and he's a skinny little booger. He has SO MUCH ENERGY it's a bit overwhelming at times but he's already learned some basic commands and you can just see how eager he is to please everyone. I have had the pleasure of restraining him in lab once or twice because I'm experienced with the energetic black dog type... ;o) Unfortunately, he hasn't quite found anyone to be his family yet so if you know anyone who's looking for an energetic lovebug, let me know! (Doesn't this face just beg for some pets? Ugh, breaks my heart!)
Last but not least we have Radar. He was labeled by the shelter as 'dog aggressive' but the vet tech DVMs have spent a lot of time testing Radar out in all types of scenarios and it's been discovered that he was mis-labeled. Whew! He's a lean, muscular pittie mix and he's adorable. You know me - I love ALL the dogs to bits but Radar does have a special little place in my heart. Like Popcorn, he's starting to show signs of kennel stress - habitually licking the bars and scratching the walls - so we all try and exercise him as much as possible. I was on campus for Animal Care yesterday and stuck around for a few hours afterward to study with Kristine. (I've had no classes this week because all the instructors are at the Western Vet Conference.) We brought Radar out to hang in the lab with us and he was happy to be free of his run for a while.
Look at him! He's gorgeous!
I took a little study break for a round of tug o' war.
Radar was very affectionate that afternoon and gave us both lots and lots of kisses. :o)
Again, just like Popcorn, Radar hasn't found his family yet. But believe me - I'm working on Robert (and my parents!) every chance I get.






0 comments:
Post a Comment