Friday, January 28, 2011

Robert's Latest Project

I have had my eye on this LP Record Mirror from Uncommon Goods for quite a long time now; I thought it would look mighty fine above our mantle and that it would make a good present for Robert one day. However, seeing as the thing costs $200, I didn't see me actually buying the piece for a loooooong time. Then, over his holiday vacation, Robert was itching to start a new project. I sort of threw this out there and he was totally game so he immediately set to work. He was able to figure out a game plan and to buy his supplies quickly so he was able to complete the project before his break was over. And, if I may say so myself, I think it turned out AWESOMELY! I absolutely love it.

On the left we have Uncommon Goods' version. On the right, Robert's. See a difference? Me, neither!


And it looks fantastic in the living room, just as I knew it would:



When Robert was selecting which records to use, he posed a question to me: Should we use artists we like or go for interesting labels? We both voted for labels and I think it was a wise decision. Because it looks awesome. Did I say that yet? ;o)  So, when you come over and see that we have George Thorogood and Dave Mason records, don't judge. We bought them for their visual, not their aural, aesthetics.


I'm totally going to try to get Robert to sell these on etsy...

0 comments: