Today is the first day of the winter quarter and it dawned on me that I hadn't yet shared the end result of last quarter with you all. So! Here's a quick-and-dirty update on how things went and what's in the queue:
- I wound up with 3 As and 2 Bs for the quarter, which I was very happy with. Apparently, even though I'll only wind up with an AS, Foothill thinks it's a grad school and doesn't give pluses or minuses. Whatevs! One of my Bs was actually a 91% but the vet tech cutoff for an A is 92% so I just missed it. (Their entire grading scale is skewed because if you fall below 75% on anything you're out.) Overall I was pleased with my grades so that was a relief. :o)
- Winter quarter is the lightest quarter unit-wise so that those students who haven't yet taken the required Chem and/or Microbio classes may do so. I took both of those back at UCLA but Foothill has a 6-year recency requirement so I had to petition to have my classes accepted. I got my response over the break and both classes were APPROVED! I was soooooooooooooooooooo excited, you don't even know! No Chem or Microbio redo for me! Weehoo!!!!!!
- That means that this quarter really is a light one for me... Yay! I am only taking 5 classes* this quarter: Animal Care, a seminar series, Animal Mgmt and Clinical Skills II, Medical Math and Veterinary Office Practices. Sweet! I must enjoy it while I can because next quarter I'll have to start an internship so my schedule will be full. It's too bad you can't stockpile sleep or vegging on the couch...
*
I know it seems like I only took 5 classes last quarter, too, but unit-wise I took 7 because I had two labs. I have only one lab this quarter so I guess I'm taking 6 classes unit-wise... ugh. This is retarded. Lemme say that I took 14.5 units last quarter and I'm taking 8.5 this quarter. There!
0 comments:
Post a Comment