Here's a too-skinny-and-balding Christian Bale in The Fighter:
(Mark Wahlberg has never really done anything for me so his being a topless boxer isn't a huge draw.)
Here's Andrew (and Carey Mulligan and Keira Knightley) in the trailer for Never Let Me Go:
The movie is based on the book of the same name by Kazuo Ishiguro; and believe it or not, even though it sounds like a smart person's book, I've read it! Robert actually bought it for me several years ago because he'd read a lot about it and thought I'd enjoy it. I did like it but it's very... different. For me, anyway. And had I not read the book, I don't think I'd have any idea what's happening in the trailer. Which, on one hand, is good - nothing really gets spoiled. But on the other, I don't think I'd be drawn to the movie at all! The trailer that was shown at the London Film Festival sheds a little more light on the film's plot:
And here's Johnny Depp (and Angelina Jolie) in the trailer for The Tourist:
Johnny's character seems very cute, personality-wise, but I've never been a fan of shaggy men. And Angelina's British accent isn't the worst on screen but it's still sort of distracting. Will Robert see this movie? Eh. Hard to call. We haven't been going to the movies all that often lately and this one doesn't scream "ROBERT!" We'll see.
On a sort of similar note, here's a little behind-the-scenes video of Conan O'Brien's recent promotional photo shoot. You can read a little about it here.
0 comments:
Post a Comment