Monday, December 07, 2009

Rolling Dog Ranch

I know, I know, I know - my constant stream of schmoopy dog posts is making something of you want to throw up a little bit. And for that, I apologize. But I can't help myself! Dogs are just so darn fabulous! So you're just going to have to learn to love my puppy posts. Or skip out on my blog. But then you risk missing out on all of my HI-larious stories about Robert and his adventures in woodworking and, really, who wants that?

Today's schmoop-a-rific post is about the Rolling Dog Ranch, a sanctuary for disabled dogs, cats and horses. A married couple retired from their jobs at Boeing and bought a bunch of acreage in Montana for the express purpose of creating a home for those animals least likely to be adopted (i.e. most likely to be euthanized) from shelters. They finally posted a little video about what they do on their blog and I wanted to share it:

ASPCA Video "Rolling Dog Ranch" from V K on Vimeo.


What a fantastic place! It would be truly awesome to be able to dedicate your life to doing something you're so passionate about.

*** Oh, and if you feel like supporting the RDR, Love of Dog Bakery is donating 5% of all their sales in December to the Ranch. So, if you want to buy your pooch a vanilla dipped peanut butter bone or a peanut butter carob paw for Christmas, you should give the LoD Bakery a whirl!

0 comments: