Sunday, November 09, 2008

Love is Dinner... and Sweatpants.

Robert and I had a very, very low-key anniversary this year but it was actually quite nice. We went to Papillon for dinner on Friday night and then spent the rest of the weekend in sweatpants watching movies. It was awesome. (And I am not being at all facetious when I say that - I can never get Robert to just sit still and relax on the weekend. He always wants to be up doing chores or something around the house. This weekend we were both a little under the weather and so we snuggled up on the couch and just sat. It was delightful. I guess we're old and boring. Oh well. At least we enjoy being old and boring together!)


This looks like a random photo but it's not - these are the two things Robert sucked up through his straw at the restaurant. The cherry stem we understood; it was discarded by Robert (although why he put it back in his soda I do not know) earlier in the evening. However, when he got a new Coke and took his first sip, he nearly swallowed the fancy toothpick you see there. Robert made me laugh when the first thing he said was "It's like I'm a magician!" :o) We probably could've gotten something had we told the waitstaff about it but we didn't. We're dumb. Actually, I think we were still trying to figure out whether or not he wanted to finish drinking that particular Coke...


My dinner - sauteed prawns in a lobster and mushroom sauce over white corn mashed potatoes. It. Was. DELICIOUS. I am a sucker for white corn. In fact, the soup that night was cream of white corn and Robert and I had to fight over it. We both love the soup and salad at Papillon and couldn't decide which to get. Ultimately, I got the salad, he got the soup and we switched halfway through. It worked well, I think, but we each were left wanting more. If only fancy French restaurants had takeout!!


Here's Robert trying to look nonchalant as I take a photo of his meal (Beef Wellington). Totally natural, no?


This picture stinks... we look miserable!!! Geez. We really were much, much happier than we appear in this photo, I promise.


Robert did surprise me on Friday by popping in to my office, complete with flowers, to take me to lunch. Of course, all the ladies swooned at his thoughtfulness - and I was just surprised he actually knew which office I was in! ;o) Very sweet.

2 comments:

John said...

Congratulations! I love Papillon, I'm jealous. And Dakin and I always share our plates whenever we go out, too.

So does this mean you guys didn't go to the Washington reunion on Saturday? It was a little far for me to attend.

Lauren said...

Thank you!! Papillon is always a restaurant we kind of forget about but when we go, we love it. Always good food.

And yes, you are correct in assuming we did not attend the reunion. We had decided a while ago not to go and, I have to say, we didn't miss it a bit!! :o) No one else I'd talked to planned on going, either, so unless Biji broke down and decided to go, I won't even get to hear about it...