Friday, September 09, 2011

Funk's Bro, Jasper

Remember this guy?


He's been returned to Pound Puppy Rescue because his "family can no longer keep him." And WHY NOT, Jasper's family? Ugh. Y'know, these kinds of things really frost my cookies. I mean, I understand that sometimes people find themselves in circumstances they didn't anticipate and I would, of course, rather have an animal returned to a rescue than risk being neglected or completely abandoned but pets are members of your family. People should understand before adopting that pets live many years and are a BIG responsibility - they should not be viewed as expendable items. I realize not everyone is as goo-goo for animals as I am but it really irks me when people don't realize just how affected animals are by such huge life changes. It's a big deal. I wouldn't give Garfunkel up for anything and I hope that Jasper's next home really IS his forever home.

If you know anyone who's interested:

CLICK HERE to go to Jasper's Petfinder page

0 comments: