Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Naked Sheep!

You can refer back to this post (or even just a couple posts back) to remind yourself of what Alvin and Theodore looked like with their woolly coats. Although, I have to say, the old photos were taken during the first quarter and it's a little misleading because the guys really became much poofier in the ensuing months. The sheep had their yearly shearing back on the 1st* and I REALLY wanted to go but was under the weather and so couldn't make it. (Ask Robert - I bemoaned missing my disfigurer's denuding all weekend!) But luckily Kristine had Animal Care the next day and so snapped some shots of them for me. I LOVE it!




You don't look quite so tough, now, do ya? Ha!


I had no idea there was so much color under there!

* The shearing is a little bittersweet, though, because legend has it that Bonnie ruled the roost once the guys were shaved because she was then the big gal on campus. We were all looking forward to seeing shy Bonnie come out of her shell. It just wasn't meant to be this time, I guess. :o(

0 comments: