Thursday, July 14, 2011

Cat Tree

Robert had been project-less for some time when a perfect opportunity presented itself: a cat tree for Linguini. Robert got the idea almost as soon as we brought Linguini home and was chomping at the bit to get started for days. So, he hopped on the Web to do some research before charting out a plan.


Linguini was keen to help.


This was the first draft, if you will, and Linguini was quick to check it out.


He seemed to like it pretty well.


But he liked the improved version even more.



The cat tree turned out to be an excellent way to use our leftover carpet pieces. Unfortunately for my nose, however, Robert also used oodles of sisal rope. I understand that it's necessary for the claws and the scratching and blah blah blah but it smells like burning tires and my nose is a most unhappy protuberance. Robert didn't (and still doesn't - he's a robot!) notice the smell but he still wasn't a fan of working with it.

"I hate this rooooooooope!!!!"



This was the first time Gweenz climbed up to the top by himself and Robert was tickled pink.



He seemed to find the rest of it to his liking, too. :o)





It took longer to complete than Robert would have liked but since he was only ever really able to work on it on weekends, I think he did it pretty quickly. He is his own harshest critic.

Here is the finished product. Gorgeous!!!







I think Robert should whip some more up and sell'em. He's quite the craftsman!

1 comments:

Dad said...

I think he should also