(1) There are a LOT of ads and just a liiiiiittle bit of football. It seemed worse this year than others for some reason.
(2) This year's ads were lame. Not one was memorable... for a good reason. (I think the Emerald Nuts/Pop Secret commercial is the one I remember most but definitely not because it was good!! Still, memory counts for a lot in advertising so I guess in that sense it was a good commercial.) This was Robert's favorite
and only because he thought "Pass that guacamole" was HI-larious! Biji thought more of the commercials were funny than Robert or I did but he also likes Big Bang Theory. His comedy meter is a little wonky. (Sorry, Wade.)
(3) The Who sucked big time as half time entertainment. Not only did Roger Daltrey look like he was straining every last bit of himself to hit any notes but Pete Townshend needed to button his shirt if he insisted on doing so many windmills. Plus, all they did was play a medley of CSI themes!!! (And CSI: Miami's (a.k.a. "Won't Get Fooled Again") was last, did you notice? Shout-out to the hosting city!) I know CBS is in to cross-promotion but that was ridiculous. (And yes, I know those songs were big hits for The Who, too, but they also had hits like "My Generation," "I Can See For Miles," "Magic Bus," "Love Reign O'er Me"... They could've played one of those - or even the two songs that weren't CSI themes that were in their halftime set - for longer than 1 verse to flesh out the show!) Biji really wanted us to fast-forward through it all but Robert is a big Who guy so we sat through the whole thing. It's a memory I'll cherish forever.
(4) Knowing nothing about football and thus having no opinion on whether or not New Orleans truly deserved to be in the Super Bowl at all, I rooted for the Saints because they were the underdog. I was therefore as happy as I can get about football that they won. :o)
(5) I had no idea the next season of The Amazing Race starts next week until I saw all the commercials saying so. I am so out of the loop!!!! What has happened to me?! Now that I'm 30, things are just passing me by. Sucks.
And finally, Biji wasn't going to make it because he had a lot of homework to do but ultimately I think we guilt-tripped him into watching with us by telling him it was probably going to be the last Super Bowl we'd watch together. Seeing as it's the last time we'll be in the same state for a long time (if ever again) after he leaves later this year. This thought actually made me teary as I went to bed last night. Stupid smooshy heart. Stupid Biji! Way to ruin the Super Bowl for me. For...eh...ver.
0 comments:
Post a Comment