Wednesday, February 03, 2010

The Last Piece of the Puppy Puzzle!

YAY!!! I was a bit snarky about Sneezy's owner in an earlier post but the dude came through. Late yesterday afternoon I got an e-mail from the last remaining Snow White family member:

"I adopted Sneezy, his new name is Timber. As you all have probably noticed, our dogs are genetically confused. Timber had a hard time deciding what type of dog he wanted to be with the size of his ears and his body hair. In the end, he took on the shape of a German Shepherd with a terrier face and a Husky style tail. He is the most loving, energetic and curious puppy I have ever owned. He has the strangest disposition in that he loves to watch TV and he is capable of recognizing any animal including those which are animated. He too likes to bark at statues of bears and other animals. He is approximately 55lbs and has an incredible personality. He has a 6lb Pomeranian as his best friend and he is incredibly gentle and protective of him. Timber loves to play at the beach, digging in the sand and running out into the waves, and likes to swim in any body of water, small or large. His only downside is that he is very verbal and likes to let me know he is bored, anxious, or excited, by whining at me."

Wow! I keep saying it over and over (but this is the last puppy so it'll be the last time) but I just cannot get over how diverse the SW litter turned out to be! They all looked similar as puppies but yowza did they grow up differently! (I don't think puppy Timber looks anything like adult Timber, do you? There's just no hint of terrier-like features at ALL!) The ears, the coats, the tails, the weights and personalities are all different. Garfunkel definitely has the shape of a German Shepherd and I can see his body in Timber's. But where did all the terrier-like beard faces come from?! Crazy. And how did the two smallest dogs wind up to be so darn big?! (Though I think Cooper is the biggest; he just looks huge in his photos!) Garfunkel IS a bit of a whiner, though, so he and Timber certainly share that little personality trait. And the big, bat-like ears. :o) Oh, and the protective nature - Garfunkel is very protective of little Quigley when he thinks someone he doesn't know is messing with his friend.

So, to wrap up, here's a final collage of the Snow White litter. Amazing.

0 comments: