Thursday, January 14, 2010

Waffles & Burnt Penis

Yes, you read that correctly. And no, it's not a spin-off of Chicken & Waffles. I found two equally interesting but completely unrelated bits of information that I wanted to share and figured that title was as good as any. Short and sweet, right?

First up is an article from yesterday's EW.com PopWatch about Channing Tatum. Now, I do not particularly care for the Tatum; he's too beefy and blank to be a Hot Man and I've never actually seen any of the movies he's been in. But this particular article included the words "burnt penis" and "strippers" in the title so I had take a look! C'mon! You can read the full article here but this is the excerpt detailing the penile mishap:

I’ve heard about some serious but ultimately nonfatal movie injuries in my day, including Sylvester Stallone having to spend nine days in a hospital after filming his Rocky IV fight with Dolph Lundgren because the pericardial sac around his heart was swelling. This one tops that.

While shooting the epic battle film The Eagle of the Ninth in the Scottish Highlands last October, Channing Tatum burnt his penis. Why is this making news now? Because he recounts his ordeal in a current Details cover story titled Channing Tatum is Proud of His Package. Playing a soldier of Rome’s Ninth Legion, he had to wade in freezing water in a wetsuit. “The only way to keep warm was by pouring a mix of boiling water and river water down your suit,” he says. “We were finally done shooting for the day, and one of the crew guys asks if I want to warm up before I go. I’m like, Nah, I’m good. And then I thought, Why not? Thing is, he’d forgotten to dilute the kettle water. So he poured scalding water down my suit. And I was trying to pull the suit away from my body to somehow get away from the boiling water, and the more I pulled the suit away, the lower the water went. It just went straight down and pretty much burned the skin off the head of my d—.”



The closest hospital was an hour away. During the trip, the pain was unbearable. “I said to the driver, who was ex-special-forces Marines, ‘You might have to knock me out, because I don’t know if I can take the pain. Just grab something and hit me on the back of my head,’” he recalls. Morphine was administered at the hospital. “I had five guys looking at my shriveled, burned penis,” Tatum tells Details proudly. He also takes out his iPhone and shows the magazine’s writer pictures of his wounded member — which is now fully recovered.
I always enjoy me a candid man so while the story isn't enough to earn the Chan Man a spot on my Hot Men list, it does endear him to me just a smidgen more than before. Though, if I ever do wind up seeing one of his movies, his burnt member will be on my mind...

[Just as an aside, the first thing Robert did when I told him this story last night was say "Wow, he really did have burnt dick on his hand." For some reason, we really enjoy the Deuce Bigalow canon and in the 2nd film, the best, best scene is this one (watch from 6:40 - 7:13 to get the joke)]:





The second item up for discussion is the Web site Wafflelizer. Have you ever wondered if you could waffle-ize a hamburger or a S'more? Me neither. But, apparently, there's a huge group of people out there that are oddly obsessed with all things waffle and this site is dedicated to answering the age-old question "Will it waffle?" Definitely worth a gander. Not only do they tell you if it will waffle but they provide detailed photos and recipes so that you, too, can waffle-ize it in your own home. What more could you ask for?!

1 comments:

Wade said...

Wow, you really do like that Waffle-Man song :)