Friday, January 22, 2010

A Dog's Birthday

Yes, I am one of those sad ladies that makes their pet a birthday cake. Did you really expect anything else of me? I didn't get him a hat or a sweater or throw him a party so I do have some boundaries. But everybody deserves a special birthday treat, be they 2- or 4-legged! So, I hopped on the 'net last night to find a few dog-friendly cake recipes and settled on this one (though I substituted apple for carrot). It was a snap to whip up!

Here's the batter:



And the finished product:


I iced it with a little plain yogurt:



Garfunkel thought it was delicious! He licked and sniffed it tentatively for the first few seconds but then decided it was a good treat and devoured it whole:



He liked it so much we caved and gave him seconds...

Don't worry - he got to work off all that cake with a nice long birthday walk in the drizzle. Garfunkel's been a little stir crazy with all the rain so Robert was a good man and braved the elements to give the Funk an extra-special birthday. :o)

0 comments: