Thursday, October 29, 2009

Robert's Birthday, Take 2 ('09 Edition)

Saturday night we celebrated Robert's birthday for the 2nd time with a steak dinner at Black Angus. Melanie, Wade, Cindy, Biji, Carissa and Michelle and the girls were all able to join us and I'm so glad they did - we had a really good time! For some reason, I don't know if it's just Halloween or the time of year in general or what, but I always have a tough time finding a weekend that works for everybody to celebrate Robert's birthday. This year we lucked out a bit, though, and even got to celebrate with the Chicago branch of the family. :o) It was great! So a big thank you to everyone for taking the time to have some drinks and play (a lot of) Rock Band (Beatles edition!). I think Robert thoroughly enjoyed his 2nd party.

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Robert's 29th Birthday
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow







** The (short) story behind the Chuck Norris t-shirt is this: Last year, our friend Doug gave Robert this book. Robert and Wade then read it in the car on a road trip we all took down to Disnleyland last Christmas and thought is was THE most hilarious thing they'd ever read. Robert then lent it to Biji, who also thought it was HI-larious. And while it is indeed funny in parts, I think overall it's a guy thing.

3 comments:

John said...

Happy Birthday, Robert!

(So, Lauren, were the salad spinner and cheese grater leftover wedding presents that you saved for his birthday?;)

Lauren said...

No! Actually, the ONE thing Robert really wanted from the registry that he didn't get was the salad spinner. It was actually a gift from Biji and Carissa... and boy, did I have to rag on Biji to buy it! "Guys don't buy that for other guys." Which I understand. But Robert really, really, really wanted it (as you can see)! Biji bought the cheese grater, too, so he did very well. :o)

Robert said...

Thank you for the birthday wishes, John! Lauren is right -- I wanted the salad spinner and was very excited to receive it! The fact that Biji picked up a cheese grater only made things better. I plan to use both those bad boys soon!

And, Cooks, thanks for posting my picture! That's still my favorite even though it's more than 10 years old :)