Last night, Robert and I got home from the dog park around 8:45 or so and there was a message on the machine from Biji. He was calling to let me know that he'd heard on the radio that the DM show was canceled and he wanted to make sure I knew. Well, I'd heard nothing of this so I started shrieking and ran like a bat out of Hell to the computer. One look at the band's Web site confirmed the tragic news:
(August 11, 2009) Depeche Mode has been forced to cancel their scheduled appearance on Wednesday, August 12th at the Shoreline Amphitheatre in Mountain View, California due to doctor's orders that lead singer Dave Gahan be on complete vocal rest for 48 hours. Because of their busy schedule, a new Bay Area date will not be rescheduled this year.
"San Francisco is one of the most important cities to the band and we are devastated that we have been forced to cancel this date," said Dave Gahan. "We hope to be back soon to play for all of our fans in the area."
Refunds will be issued at the point of purchase.
I called Biji to thank him for letting me know... but mostly to squeal in his ear about how bummed I was. He took it well.
Man! I should've known something like this would happen! I actually had good seats for this one - in the 100s section. I haven't been in the 100s at Shoreline in YEARS!!! Plus, there was to be only ONE opening act (thank you, Jesus!) and it was actually a band I knew (Peter Bjorn and John)! Waaaaah!!! The stars will never align for me like this again, I tell you!!!! Ugh. I mean, I hope Dave gets better and whatever - the man has already suffered a torn calf muscle and the removal of a malignant tumor this tour so he's had a rough go of things - but I'm selfish. I want to see Depeche Mode! I want to see the shirtless mic stand spin! It was the only thing that was going to pull me out of my back-from-vacation-blues funk! And now it's gone. With no hope of rescheduling. :o( Boo.
0 comments:
Post a Comment