Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Garfunkel: Bruiser & Toy Destroyer Extraordinaire

First, a warning to all those potential brides out there: Never, ever give your 45 pound hydrophobic puppy a bath the week before your wedding. These legs


are soooooo not hot on the beaches of Kaui! And they don't feel so hot, either.


Now then. On to the post at hand. I haven't posted any recent photos of Garfunkel for a bit so I thought I'd better hop to it. He seemed quite a bit bigger when we returned from Hawaii and when we took him to the vet soon after our return our suspicions were confirmed - he'd gained 5 pounds while we were gone. So, how he's 49.5 pounds and aaaaaaaaaaall muscle, lemme tell you. He sleeps a lot less and plays a lot more but he's still a lovebug.


Garfunkel's favorite game is tug-of-war. He loves to run up to you and plop his head (toy in mouth) in your lap, and as soon as you make a move for him, he starts growling and running away. He could play for hours. Trust me. When he gets really into it and you can see his big ol' teeth clenched around his toy, he looks just like Gmork from The NeverEnding Story. I swear! I tried to snap a few shots to demonstrate but the Funk would not cooperate.

Garfunkel is what you would call an "active chewer" and he's chewed through every single toy we've bought him thus far. So, Robert went out and got a few of the "indestructible" toys. Here's one:

It used to be a monkey.

And here's Garfunkel with some of the monkey's innards hanging out of his mouth. He does not, however, look as though he feels the least bit guilty.

Robert went and got the Funk a new "indestructible" toy to play with. Here it is 8 minutes (I clocked it) after he gave it to him:


Lovely. We have now taken to buying bully sticks in bulk and just letting him go to town on those. He only has ONE toy he hasn't ripped through - a little Kong Dr. Noys' squeaky bear - so once that goes, I don't know what he's going to play with.

And, finally, here is poor Garfunkel trying to stay cool during the heat wave by lying on the kitchen linoleum, under the table. He alternates between lying on the kitchen floor and the bathroom floor with ice cube breaks in between. Life is hard.


0 comments: