One of my favorite Robert stories occurred several years ago while we were shopping at Target. The Target store here in Fremont has automatic doors and, as you would assume, this is the store at which we usually shop. One day, however, Robert and I were shopping at a different location (I can't really remember which one) and Robert was pushing the cart. He pushed it all the way up to the door and... nothing happened. So, he inched a little bit closer. Bupkus. He got right up to the door and still it refused to open! Why?! Well, because it wasn't an automatic door. Hello. I knew this, of course, but I so enjoyed watching Robert try to coax the door into opening by pushing the cart further and further toward the door. :o) And, of course, I tease him about it just about every time we go to Target. It makes me happy.
Fast forward to this morning. Robert toothpasted his Sonicare. Turned it on. Nothing happened. Oh, well, I take that back - it did make a 'bzzzzzz'ing noise. But the brush head didn't actually move. So, Robert turned it off... and tried it again. Still nothing. So he pushed the brush head into his teeth because, in his mind, THAT was clearly going to make the head start vibrating like it was supposed to. Surprisingly enough it didn't. Then Robert says to me "Dang. I dropped it yesterday." But did you push it into your teeth yesterday? 'Cause that might've fixed it. Maybe you waited too long. Maybe your gigantochompers have magical powers in the evening that they just don't have in the morning.
Tuesday, June 09, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment