In keeping with what others perceive to be an eclectic taste in music, I am a big fan of the Bee Gees. Not the disco Bee Gees, though they're good, too; my favorite Bee Gees are the ones that made music before Barry discovered his falsetto singing voice. They have so many good songs (and wrote so many good songs for other artists to record) that it really bums me out that they're pigeonholed by kids today as an obsolete disco band! This is probably how Nora feels about Neil Diamond...
Anyhoo, as you know, Robin Gibb passed away last month, leaving Barry as the only remaining member of the group. He posted a very sweet video remembrance of his brother on YouTube and so I thought I'd share it. I'd never heard "Heart Like Mine" before but I like it very much; Robin's voice always sounds so achingly pained that it instantly adds feeling to any song he sings.
Sunday, June 03, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment