Thursday, July 02, 2009

MJ's Last Video

I haven't posted anything about Michael Jackson because, well, I felt very confident that you all have been well-informed via about a bagillion other outlets! But this particularly intrigued me so I thought, just in case you didn't see it on People.com, EW.com, CNN.com, MSNBC.com... the list goes on... that I'd post it here. It's footage from Michael's final rehearsal for his London shows, taken at the Staples Center on June 23rd. In hearing that Michael was, like, 120 pounds and bald and a whole host of other things upon his death, I had serious doubts about how he'd be able to perform 50 shows at the O2 Arena. Dude was clearly less-than-healthy! Dancing vigorously for 2 hours every night for two months didn't really seem within the realm of possibilities, you know? But in this clip, he's actually looks pretty darn good:


I'm rather surprised, I have to say. He looked almost like his old self. Weird.

(Oh, and at the veeeery end of the video, Michael smiles, I guess happy that the number went so well. Kind of eerie.)

0 comments: