Several days ago, Dr. V posted about a negative experience she had at Disneyland. (It acutally kinda surprised me - Disneyland is usually super awesome at customer service! In my experience, anyway.) As she's starting off the post, fifth paragraph in, she says:
Now I know Disneyland and I have had our moments in the past- the Splash Mountain debacle, for one, and a heartbreaking encounter with an accordion playing D-list celebrity I used to be a fan of, but still, I figured how could they screw this one up? All you have to do is make some reasonable accommodation for a disabled guest, blah blah Magic of Disney etc, right?
Say que? A heartbreaking encounter, you say? That's a strong word. :o( An accordion-playing D-list celeb, you say? To whom else could she be referring but my beloved Al?! (I fervently hoped she was talking about Judy Tenuta but I strongly suspected that was not the case.) I couldn't let it rest. I had to find out. So, I posted the following:
To which Dr. V replied:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! Say it ain't so!!!!! I'm glad Dr. V was kind enough to reply to me but this is one of those cases where what you have seen cannot be unseen. What you have learned cannot be unlearned. I really, really, really want to message her and see if she'll spill the beans because I Google'd "Weird Al + rude" and "Weird Al + negative fan encounter" and "Weird Al + mean" but came up with bupkis! And since my previously undying love is sullied now anyway, I may as well know the truth. But I don't want to appear a wackadoodle so I probably won't. Still, I'll always know someone I like is out there thinking badly of Al and that will always make me sad. Boo.


2 comments:
To borrow from Abraham Lincoln, "you can't please all of the people all of the time". I guess the Law of Averages says that Al was entitled to have a bad day, even if it was at Disneyland :o(
I supposed. Still, the word 'heartbreaking' as opposed to something like 'an unpleasant encounter' makes me think he did something rather horrid.
Post a Comment