I just got back from dropping Robert off at the airport (he's off to beautiful Secaucus on a business trip) and am already missing my annoying little man. So I thought I'd take a moment and post a couple of recent Robert-isms to cheer me up.
First up: Maxwell Caulfield. Some of you may know him as Hayley Mills' brother-in-law. Some of you may know him as Dr. Quinn's believed-dead-but-really-just-disfigured fiance David. But me? I know him from a little film called Grease 2. He was Michael, the hunky foreign exchange student and cousin of Sandy, who moonlighted as a mysterious motorcycle man to win Michelle Pfeiffer's heart. Or, as he is otherwise known, Cool Rider. C-O-O-L R-I-D-E-R.
I haven't seen or heard much from Max since then (save his stint on Dr. Quinn, of course) but he popped up on Modern Family a few weeks back. Very excited to see him still working (though a bit sad to see he still didn't look like he did in 1982, shockingly enough) I squealed "It's C-O-O-L R-I-D-E-R!" To which Robert replied "Who? Colored man? Who's that?" Colored man?!! Really? Really, Robert? He said he heard the C and the R and the D and for some reason that made him automatically jump to Colored Man. Cause I talk about that guy all the time.
Next up: CPR. I honestly don't remember how this came up but for some reason Robert and I were discussing how 'Staying Alive' is the song of choice for those performing CPR because the beat coincides with when you should pump. I mentioned that when I took a CPR last year (a VT program requirement) they mentioned a second song that was equally useful if a bit more morbid. But I couldn't for the life of me remember what it was. Fast forward to me blurting out "Oh! It's 'Another One Bites the Dust!'" To which Robert replied "Hey, that's actually a good one- it's related to what you're doing!" I gave him a puzzled/incredulous look and it only took him a few seconds to realize that 'Staying Alive' also, y'know, is thematically appropriate with trying to save someone's life. Go figure. He does make me laugh, though. You gotta love him. :o)
Oh, and for those of you confused by the post title, click here. It's my favorite Grease 2 song.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment