And I have to add that I am so excited that Josh Hutcherson is one of the lead roles. Were I 16 years old, I would be squeeing over him massively! Seriously. It's kind of embarrassing. I just think he's the cutest darn thing and a good actor to boot. I've liked him since Bridge to Terabithia (I have always been a sucker for a guy an actor that can cry) and I'm happy to see him grab a big, meaty role. But I realize I am a creepy old lady with an inappropriate crush so I will just have to fangirl on the inside...
Saturday, February 04, 2012
My New Obsession
Is The Hunger Games. I loooooooooooove it! I resisted it for a long time, writing it off as a young adult book that wouldn't interest me but both my friend, Kristine, and one of the techs at my clinic have just raved about it over the last couple of months so I finally caved. Kristine has all three books of the trilogy as MP3 files so she handed them over to me and I just finished the first book Thursday. The story was so good I couldn't wait to listen more and find out what happened! I loaded it onto my iPod and listened to it in the car, while I cooked and even in the shower. So good!!! Now I'm devouring every trailer and morsel of information I can find about the upcoming movie adaptation (out March 23) because, as I said, I'm obsessed. I already have a date with Kristine to see the movie when it comes out and if any of you are waffling on whether or not to give the books a whirl, I say go for it! I will totally share my audio files with you. :o)
Posted by
Lauren
@
Saturday, February 04, 2012
Labels:
Hunger Games,
Josh Hutcherson,
Movie Morsels,
Trailer,
Video
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Sarah's devoured The Hunger Games. So I read them, and she and I have had many long conversations about kids and war, and how it all applies to the things going on in the real world. These books are totally engrossing, the characters completely real. It's not that easy to find things she wants to talk to me about, so this was very cool. Love this series!
Post a Comment