skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Memorial Day @ the Trouts'
Our good friend Christina and her husband Rob made it to CA for the holiday weekend so Robert and I were invited to a BBQ at the Trouts' on Sunday. I had two papers due on Tuesday so I spent Friday and Saturday rolling around on my office floor trying to bribe anyone and everyone to write them for me. No one went for it so I eventually hunkered down and got the papers written. (Yes, I knew about them at the beginning of the quarter. So? What's your point? Maybe I just work better under pressure, did you ever think of that?!) As such, I was able to frolic about on Sunday unfettered by obligations and it was very nice indeed. :o)
The Kidders brought a croquet set over and I think everyone but Robert, Mrs. Trout and I didn't play. I wasn't really feeling it, to be honest, and I didn't really follow the rules, even though they were explained 256 times. (Though, to be fair, I wasn't really paying attention any of those times. I'm rude, not dumb.) From what I gathered, people enjoyed it.
The spread was huge. There were strip steaks, sausages, hot dogs, pulled pork sandwiches, shrimp, potato and cheese casserole, pasta salad, asparagus salad with avocado, green salad (provided by us - hi yo!), strawberries and watermelon with homemade apple pie for dessert. Even I found lots to eat and you know how picky I am.
Chrissie's brother, Jim, and his girlfriend, Amber, enjoying one of the many heat lamps. They were a lifesaver! For me, anyway. I think everyone else was fine but I was cold the entire night. I'm a wuss. (And I am totally making Robert get some heat lamps when we actually have a real yard.)
Emily's mom, Emily, Robert, me, Mrs. Trout, Jim and Amber enjoying the festivities.
Every year when I see a photo of the three of us, I think "Gee, I really need to lose a few pounds before we next get together!" So does not ever happen. But I always think it!The Trouts are big game-players, so we busted out Cranium and pitted the guys against the girls. The girls were, unfortunately, trounced the last time all of us got together so it was sweet vin-di-cay-shee-own to win this time around!!! Ha ha! Suck it, fellas.
Here Jim is trying to use Rob to act out a curtsy. The guys actually got this one. Kind of annoying.
I believe Mrs. Trout is trying to act out opening gifts here with Christina. We guessed 'wrapping gifts' so we didn't get it. 'Cause the guys are sticklers. But we didn't need any pity points! We still won! Hoo hoo!! (When it was my turn to get up and perform, I had to do it alone and I had to act out lobster, shrimp cocktail and clam strips. Clam strips!!!!! But all three were guessed correctly, though (sadly) not due to my awesome charade skills. Still, is that not impressive? We were good!)
I'm not entirely sure what Robert is doing here - he had to act out the names of three TV shows and I don't know what this corresponds to.
As per usual, we had a great time and appreciated my parents letting the Funk hang at their abode for 8 hours on their holiday... :o)

1 comments:
Awesome pics! It was so great to see you and Robert (and to finally win at a game, Amber seemed to be a good addition). I'll call you soon.
Post a Comment